Today, Dr. Angela Agrious, ND shares health education and guidance with her PrettyWell partner Dr. Patti Kim, ND. Gratitude is healing! While most of us can feel the connection between focusing our attention on the good in our lives and an improved sense of well-being, the research also shows us that regular gratitude practices actually change our brain! Partaking in habitual focusing on appreciation and written gratitude practices, such as mindfulness meditation, keeping a gratitude journal and writing thank you notes, leads to changes in the prefrontal cortex of our brain that results in better mood, increased gratitude behaviors, and increased sensitivity to gratitude.
The power of gratitude
How wonderful to create changes in our brain that will help us stay in a more positive mood, increase our appreciation and generosity towards ourselves and others, help improve our relationships, and help us improve adherence to healthy behaviors that will improve our physical health! Here are 5 easy ways to get your gratitude on and help make the world a happier, healthier place:
5 EASY GRATITUDE PRACTICES:
- Daily Mindfulness. Take a specified amount of time each day to put mental focus on what you are thankful for.
- Keep A Daily Gratitude Journal. Write down all that is going well in your life and that you appreciate. Get a journal if you don’t have one!
- Write Thank You Letters. Keep a regular practice (weekly or even monthly!) of sending out a heart-felt letter to someone who has helped you and you would like to express appreciation towards. Include yourself on that list!
- Write A Weekly Gratitude Paragraph. Take a few moments every week to write down what has gone well and what you are happy about and thankful for.
- Tell People Around You How Much You Appreciate Them. Be generous with your gratitude – everyone will be healthier and happier for it!
WHAT ARE YOU GRATEFUL FOR?
Dr. Agrios currently practices at Palisades Natural Medicine and her clinical areas of expertise include: adrenal health, allergies, asthma, autoimmune disorders, blood sugar regulation, cardiovascular health, detoxification, fatigue, food intolerance, gastrointestinal health, hormone health & bio-identical hormone treatment, immune support, skin conditions, weight loss, and overall wellness.
We’re all doing our best and we’re doing PRETTY WELL. We’re excited to share the best of what we have studied, seen in practice, and continue to learn to do EVEN better! Our mission is to show you how fun and easy taking good care of yourself can be so that we all feel Pretty Well!
Find team PrettyWell Online
This content is strictly for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal physician. All viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Angela Agrios, Dr. Patti Kim nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.